Burnaby Food First is looking for an Event Project Coordinator!
Event Project Coordinator
Term: Part-time, April 15, 2015 to October 31, 2015
Pay: $2,050.00 ($20.50 per hour; 100 hours total)
Burnaby Food First is looking for a coordinator to organize and staff our display tables at 12 events. The events occur on weekends and holiday Mondays from May 2015 through to October 2015.
* Liaise with community groups and organizations to arrange for BFF displays to be part of events. (Connections have already been established to varying degrees with 9 venues/events.)
* Collaborate with the relevant Burnaby Food First Teams and individuals for each display (e.g., the Apron Project).
* Use the BFF list of volunteers to solicit volunteers to staff the BFF display events.
* Attend the events to set up, staff, and take down the display.
* Track contacts made at the events and refer to appropriate BFF Teams.
* Maintain the display and add to it as appropriate.
* Keep an account of all expenses and submit invoices and receipts.
* Write a brief evaluation of the project at the conclusion of the contract.
* Good oral and written communications skills
* Motivation to work independently
* Excellent skills in working collaboratively
* Experience with or awareness of how to organize and motivate volunteers
* Knowledgeable and passionate about food security/sovereignty issues
* Demonstrated ease engaging with the public of all ages
* Ability to liaise as a representative of an organization in a friendly, professional manner
* Creative ability to contribute to display materials and activities.
To apply, please send a one-page letter outlining your relevant experiences with references and your contact information to us by email by Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 4:00 pm.